Helpful Contacts for Those in Need
• Telemedicine - online doctor -- https://www.onlinedoctor.com/telehealth-connecticut/
• Senior Care and Assisted Living Guide
• Carol Wells, Community Outreach and Senior Advocate -- (800) 204-7132
• Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones.
• Home Ownership for People With Disabilities: https://lendedu.com/blog/home-ownership-for-people-with-disabiltiesThe pros and cons of homeownership for those with a disability are discussed, listing financial assistance opportunities, explaining disability rights in housing, and more.
• Ins and Outs of Medicare: This free resource highlights coverage, costs, eligibility, and enrollment information, along with answers to some frequently asked questions: www.retireguide.com/medicare/
• Veteran Support: https://www.mesotheliomaveterans.org/prognosis/support/
• Homeless & Runaway Youth: https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/resources/resources-for-homeless-and-runaway-youth/
• Natural Family Planning: www.nfpandmore.org
• St. Vincent DePaul:
Middletown – svdmiddletown.org | 860-344-0097
Norwich – svdpp.org | 860-889-7374
• Shoreline Soup Kitchens & Pantries: www.shorelinesoupkitchens.org | 860-388-1988
Food Pantry at St. Mark Church: Bob Edburg - 860-304-3454 | Tuesdays 11:30am – 2:15pm
• Westbrook Youth & Family Services: www.wyfs.org | 860-399-9239
IS IT INTERFERING WITH YOUR LIFE?
Addiction Treatment Division: https://www.addictiontreatmentdivision.org
Alcohol: www.aa.org | 1-866 783-7712
www.ctalanon.org | 1-888-825-2666 - (if someone else’s drinking is affecting your life)
Other Drugs: www.na.org | 1-818 773-9999 x 135
Food: www.oa.org | 1-505-891-2664
Connecticut Hotline Number: 1-855-2CALLGA (855-222-5542)
Other Helpful Links
Catholics Come Home (for returning Catholics)
More Catholic websites recommendations can be found via Untangling the Catholic Web.
While these organizations by their structure are not affiliated with either Parish or the Diocese of Norwich, we are enriched by the support, generosity and opportunities for Christian Service they provide.